Saturday, March 21, 2009

23rd March......Part 1



The day after tomorrow is my birthday…But the over the years I have lost the pleasure of celebrating my birthday…In the yester years birthdays were very special days meant to be celebrated with friends, a day when you went to school wearing your birthday dress, you distributed sweets among your friends and in evening you had a party with your friends who came with wonderful presents …😀…hmmm…presents….😋… how much I wish I could go back to my childhood…its an altogether different matter that most of my friends claim I am still a child…hehe…good for me…I get to stay younger than others.

But nowadays birthdays have become more of a depressing affair…with the birthday comes the realization that you are now alone and all your friends have left for greener shores…that most don’t even remember its your birthday.
And then with your birthday you get a year older & you get dreadfully close to that dreaded age…”The Marriageable Age”…😒 All of a sudden your parents stop worrying for your education etc…and start looking for eligible guys n your already messed up life gets more unbearable…If you are an Indian girl…you must be knowing what I am talking about.
But what the hell…I still love my birthday… Whether I celebrate it or not…it’s still my day!

2 comments:

  1. ahem, dont use the word 'birthday dress' :)

    (i can connect with the first half of this blog...no one remembering my b'de was ONE OF THE REASONS why i never even kip my bde on FB too)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @rugved I guess you confused it with a 'Birthday suit'.. :) i guess birthday dress suits just fine for a school going girl.

    ReplyDelete